We have closed the application process at this time.
Who We Are:
Redman Accounting Solutions LLC provides remote bookkeeping, payroll, and accounting services to clients across the United States. Our clients include small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and local government entities that use both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
We pride ourselves on providing high-quality service to every type of client. Our client base ranges from highly experienced to “I have no idea what I’m doing” kind of people. Whether they need just a little (or a LOT of) hand-holding or want us to handle it all for them, we are here to patiently provide everything they need.
We don’t do sloppy or lazy. We do it right the first time. This level of service translates into extremely loyal clients, which is why we are expanding.
The best part? We don’t prepare taxes, which means no tax season!
Why We’re Hiring:
Katie Redman, our President and founder, started this company in 2017 while she was a stay-at-home mom who wanted to bring in a little extra income while her kids were in school. She loves accounting but didn’t want to go back to the workforce full-time. She wanted to be available for her most important role – being a Mom.
Fast forward to today – we are growing! In addition to serving our monthly clients, we are quickly becoming a leader in setting up QuickBooks files for governmental fund accounting. This includes training our clients on the best procedures to keep their funds segregated.
While the growth is exciting, we need another expert accountant on our team who can help us meet our expectations and maintain our high standards. Your role is important to help ensure an excellent work-life balance while maintaining the high-quality service we are known for.
Who you’d be working with:
You’ll be working 1-on-1 with Katie to provide our clients with the high-quality and friendly service they’ve come to expect from us. Our bookkeeper and VA provide the essential support we need to keep things running smoothly and get deliverables out the door on time.
How you’ll work:
Our office is remote, which means we generally work from our homes but can work anywhere with a secure internet connection and some privacy (to keep our screens and conversations confidential).
We are a paperless office, so that means no bulky & messy printers to worry about. All our deliverables are provided electronically to our clients.
January is typically pretty busy for us. Other than that, our workload is quite consistent and predictable, month in and month out.
Like what you hear? Now let’s talk about you.
Who We Are Looking For:
Are you someone who:
- Has an extraordinary grasp of accounting and bookkeeping?
- Is ambitious and self-motivated?
- Excels in seeing tasks & projects through to completion
- Pays attention to the details?
- Loves to solve puzzles?
- Gets satisfaction from clean financial statements?
- Is always looking for a more efficient way to get a task done?
- Loves accounting but doesn’t want to take on the risk & responsibility of owning your own business?
- Is available (at least weekly) for staff meetings via Zoom?
- Is willing to create, document and suggest improvements to processes and systems?
- Enjoys working from home?
- Creates spreadsheets because it’s fun?
If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
About the Position:
Job Description – Staff Accountant
Employer: Redman Accounting Solutions LLC
Title: Staff Accountant (part-time)
Pay range: $18-$25 per hour
Location: Remote (must be eligible to work in the United States)
Estimated hours: 10 hours per week, with potential for increased hours as client base builds.
We are seeking a trustworthy and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to take charge of various accounting tasks and projects. You will be responsible for recording financial transactions and maintaining an accurate general ledger for a variety of clients including sole proprietors, corporations, non-profits, and local government entities. You will also be responsible for processing payroll, filing sales tax, and generating reports for the client. Our ideal candidate strives for efficiency, accuracy, and has experience in learning or working remotely.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monthly bookkeeping for clients which may include but is not limited to:
- Prepare and file sales tax returns
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Verify accuracy of financial statements
- Maintain accurate general ledger
- Prepare financial statements and other various reports
- Using manual data entry processes, where appropriate.
- Oversee bookkeeping automation, including bank and credit card feeds, bank rules, and transactions from 3rd party apps.
- Ensure all transactions are properly classified, authorized, and documented according to our procedures.
- Inquire about transactions with incomplete information; following up until that information is obtained.
- Make suggestions about opportunities for further bookkeeping automation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clean up accounting systems for new clients: Reconcile bank, merchant, and credit card accounts; correct incomplete and vague transactions; add classifications such as Class, Item, or Location; exercise judgment to standardize and simplify lists of names.
- Participate in accounting system conversion and consolidation projects by reconciling bank, merchant, and credit card accounts in the new system; apply payments to invoices and to bills; confirm the balances from the source file tie out to the balances in the new file; import/export data & lists; complete similar tasks necessary to fully complete the conversion or consolidation.
- Participate in accounting system conversion for local government units by importing/exporting data & lists; reconcile bank and credit card accounts in the new system; confirm balances from the source file tie out to the balances in the new file; complete similar tasks necessary to fully complete the conversion or consolidation
- Complete special projects such as investigate, troubleshoot, and correct Undeposited Funds account balances, clearing account balances, customer & vendor balance details, and others, resulting in organized and logical financial information.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or relevant field preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience (knowledge of governmental accounting preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of payroll, bookkeeping, and GAAP.
- Commitment to learning.
- Preferred but not required: QBO Advanced ProAdvisor, experience with Zapier, Asana, Google Drive, Sharefile, bill.com, Dext Prepare.
Does this sound like a perfect fit?
We have closed the application process at this time.
If you experience any problems with the application link above, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org